From the Jackson Hole News & Guide article on 02/03/2016:
“The hospital was enlarged and improved in 1919. David Skinner of the Elk Ranch donated $10,000 to cover the cost. The actual expense of materials and labor exceeded the estimate, so Mr. Skinner contributed another $2,500, a fundraiser was held, and Dr. Huff contacted his own sources back east for additional money.
In 1925 a fundraising effort was begun for another major expansion of the hospital. It took two years to raise $6,302. Plans called for a 60-by-70-foot, two-story, T-shaped wing to be added to the facility on its east-facing side. The $30,000 project was headed by Dick Winger, because he was treasurer of the St. John’s mission. An article in the Courier cited Dr. Huff and his nurse, Alice Estelle Wheeler, for their vision, energy and hard work in making the development possible.”